Jane F. Herndon, age 98 of Linn, went to her heavenly home surrounded by family on Friday, August 28, 2020, at St. Joseph Bluff’s in Jefferson City.
Jane was born January 15, 1922, in Linn, a daughter to the late Peter and Anna (Dill) Schnitzler.
Jane was a 1940 graduate of Linn High School.
On May 22, 1946, she was united in marriage to Clifford S. Herndon at St. George Rectory in Linn. He preceded her in death on December 23, 2002.
Before Jane was married to Clifford she worked for Francis Knollmeyer and Scruggs Guhlmann for five years as a clerk and bookkeeper. Later Jane worked as a secretary for the principal at Linn High School from 1965 until 1980. After her retirement, Jane worked for Linn Department Store and Knoerr Jewelry.
Jane was a member of St. George Catholic Church, St. Ann’s Sodality and VFW Post #4756 Ladies Auxiliary.
She enjoyed gardening, traveling on bus tours, and spending time with her family.
Jane is survived by: five daughters, Peggy Hicks and her husband Norm of Jefferson City, Marsha Baclesse and her husband Gary of Byrnes Mill, Betty Jean Herndon of Linn, Mary Davis and her husband Carl of Lincoln, NE and Marlene Niederhelm and her husband Dan of New Florence; twelve grandchildren, Heather Dulle, Kendall (Jillian) Dulle, Joshua (Shelly) Baclesse, Jessica (Jon Beanlands) Baclesse, Andrew (Christina) Morton, Kurtis (Michelle) Morton, Megan (Corry) Field, Tyler (Carley) Morton, Collin Davis, Alex Davis, Brian (Erica) Niederhelm and Ashley (JJ) Lahr; 19 great grandchildren, along with many nieces and nephews.
In addition to her parents and spouse of 56 years, Jane was preceded in death by four brothers, Edward “Ed”, Peter “Bert”, John Henry “Jack” and Nelson Schnitzler and one sister, Sylvia Cavanaugh.
Private family services will be held on Saturday, September 5, 2020, at St. George Catholic Church in Linn. Graveside services will be held at 11:45 a.m. at Linn Public Cemetery for extended family and friends. Masks are requested along with social distancing.
Expressions of sympathy may be made to St. George School or the Good Shepherd Food Pantry.